Apply to become a member of HGS!
Qualifications for Active Membership or Emeritus
- Have a degree in geology or an allied geoscience from an accredited college or university; or
- Have a degree in science or engineering from an accredited college or university and have been engaged in the professional study or practice of earth science for at least five (5) years.
- Emeritus Members are those who have attained the age of 65 and been an Active Member for at least ten years. Qualifying Active Members may apply here or to the Membership Chairman (not to the Executive Board) for designation to this category.
Qualifications for Associate Membership
- Be involved in the application of the earth or allied sciences.
Qualifications for Student Membership
- Be a full-time student enrolled in geology or in the related sciences.