We are looking for an experienced, self-motivated and enthusiastic Geotechnical Assistant for our Dallas Exploration team.
This is a challenging position with the prime responsibility to support an active domestic and international exploration program by providing expertise in technical data manipulation, management and organization for a variety of international and domestic projects. The successful candidate will:
1. Work with our exploration and data management teams to prepare and load data into interpretation workstation projects.
2. Manage scanning & digitization of data as needed including well data, shot point data and seismic data.
3. Use ArcGIS software for regional map compilation and geo-referencing.
4. Help to organize and maintain digital data archives.
5. Conduct literature searches and compile reports.
6. Prepare displays for technical and management presentations.
The preferred candidate will have an undergraduate science or mathematics degree, extensive computer skills and 5-10+ years of previous oil and gas industry experience in a similar role.
MAIN ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Provide a broad range of geo-technical support to an active new ventures exploration team including data preparation and loading of data to workstation projects.
• Management and organization of existing corporate geotechnical data and databases.
• Data download from industry standard databases such as IHSEnergy and DrillingInfo.
• Data digitization and preparation including well logs, maps, seismic sections and capturing data in to spreadsheets.
• Assistance with preparation of management presentations and technical illustrations and charts.
• Working with other staff from different departments and disciplines to complete tasks in a timely and effective manner
• Undergraduate degree in science or mathematics, earth sciences preferred.
• Strong organizational skills and ability to handle multiple concurrent projects
• Extensive knowledge of industry standard data types and formats.
• Working knowledge of exploration software suites including IHS-Kingdom and Petra.
• Strong understanding of cartography and map projections.
• Proficiency in using ArcGIS software for data compilation and geo-referencing.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Excel and Word). Knowledge of graphics software such as CorelDraw, Adobe Illustrator, AutoCad or similar an advantage.
• Applied experience with relational databases (e.g. MS Access) and data interrogation platforms like SpotFire a strong plus.
• Experience concentrated in supporting International projects is strongly preferred - some exposure to domestic US data and workflows a plus.
• Comfortable working to short deadlines.
• Strong communication and inter-personal skills are essential.
Jeff Morrison: Senior HR Rep- Hunt Oil: JMorrison@huntconsolidated.com