The ROC Team Leader serves as the shift supervisor overseeing the geosteering, remote mudlogging, remote drilling, Mass Spec, XRD/XRF and AGS, and QA/QC operations. The lead is in direct communication with the ROC Manager and is the shift geosteering expert.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Shifts geosteering expert and primary client contact.
- Oversee the team, ensuring that all deliverables are properly generated, communicated and supplied to the client in a high-quality and timely manner.
- Monitor real-time data, provide real-time interpretation, and responsible for adjusting the borehole position real-time ensuring proper wellbore placement within the client's specifications.
- Interact in a professional and courteous manner with clients and give technical presentations as required.
- Oversee the QA/QC of Mass Spectrometry, AGS Rock Analysis and Mudlog data
- Oversee log archiving and log printing
- Mentor/train new geosteering personnel in the art of geosteering and related disciplines.
- Champion special internal and external projects as directed by the ROC Manager.
- Promote the integration of ALS Oil & Gas services where appropriate.
- Observe established safety regulations and comply with all ALS health and safety policies and procedures.
The ideal candidate would have:
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in geology, geophysics, petrophysics, or related discipline.
- A minimum of four years of professional experience with a mudlogging /geosteering service company or E&P operator.
- Extensive experience using two or more of the followinggeosteering software programs: Stoner Engineering Software, BHL Boresight, DynaView, or StarSteer.
You would also be/have:
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Proficient at multitasking and exceptional attention to detail.
- Self-motivated and highly organized.
- Function at a high level and able to make sound decisions in time-sensitive environment.
- Ability to visualize in 3D.
- Highly computer literate, and able to learn new programs in a timely manner