The geoscience specialist integrates geosciences data from Senior Geologists, engineers, and clients. Will use various tools to take raw data, provide integration and initial interpretation, and create accurate and timely deliverable for clients. This position must learn increasingly complex geological and engineering concepts as the duties and responsibilities of the job are essential to the IRS group operations, providing the integration, synthesis, and first interpretation of all data required for client deliverables.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Receive samples from lab, and sub-sample as appropriate for specific project, test type and lithology. Perform quality assurance and control by visual inspection and knowledge of testing protocols and goals of the project and resolve any quality issues encountered.
- Works independently and within team across core analysis disciplines to perform integrations on well-specific and regional basis of geological, geochemical, petrophysical and engineering properties to generate client-ready reports.
- Performs high-level quality control of lab analysis. If quality issues exist, will work with senior staff and/or laboratory to resolve issues. Also synthesizes resultant data and provides initial interpretation of data.
- Collaborates with senior staff to prepare for workshops and meetings. Will create and update all maps, cross-sections, and final reports required for such meetings.
- Manipulate images through pre-built actions utilizing Adobe Photoshop and proprietary programs.
- Create, maintain, and ensure accuracy of the geological interpretation software Geographix. Creates cross-sections and isomaps for geological interpretation. Consistent documentation and tracking of data, maps, and other geological data in projects to ensure output is correct and synthesis of data is correct.
- Utilize Powerlog to print logs and retrieve log data at given core points for integration and analysis
- Utilize DrillingInfo to find completion and production information to aid in regional and well analysis.
SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
Aptitude for computer software skills. Strong MS Office skills required including Project. Geological mapping software Geographix or similar a plus. Must have strong analytical skills and detail orientation. Basic proficiency in Adobe Photoshop.
Must be able to lift 20 lbs. Must be able to work with dust.
Most work done in office environment. Work outside normal business hours and travel are rarely required. No hazardous materials, but must work periodically handling rocks and rock chips.
Prefer 2+ years in geosciences field with one to two years working with geological data and software.