We are looking for a talented, creative, detailed-oriented petroleum-industry engineer or scientist with experience related to directional drilling and wellbore position uncertainty, to apply their problem-solving skills to help design, support, and deliver world-class directional drilling software in the Oil and Gas Industry. We are a software company applying state-of-the-art technology allowing our clients to plan, visualize, and manage spatial solutions using a suite of applications to achieve the maximum value from their subsurface assets.
This position focuses on working with our WellArchitect® team to lead the future direction of the WellArchitect software product, as well as providing exceptional support for our clients, and software quality control. The successful candidate will be involved in all aspects of the design, development, and deployment of the software. The software application specialist will also work with clients in support, pre-sales, and project-design activities.
- Actively participate in the design ⁄ development process with the in-house team as well as with clients
- Client ⁄ sales support relating to WellArchitect, including but not limited to training and demonstrations of the software
- Software verification and quality control for WellArchitect
- Managing positional uncertainty concepts and implementation
- 5-10+ years′ experience in well planning and ⁄ or directional drilling
- Master′s Degree or higher
- Exceptional presentation and documentation skills
- Experience in the software development process, including programming
- Experience with Microsoft® Windows operating systems, SQL databases, Excel
- WellArchitect experience
- Geoscience ⁄ Engineering ⁄ Computer Science degree
- 5-10+ years′ experience in the Oil and Gas Industry, ideally with the familiarity of rig-site operations
- Experience with directional drilling software
- Very strong analytical/logical mindset
- Must be a thorough, detail-oriented, independent thinker, and proven problem-solver
Please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. In your cover letter, please address the following questions:
- Describe a time when you took the lead on significantly improving a process.
- Describe an instance of quantitative analysis in which you were involved.
- Applications that do not include a cover letter, and cover letters not addressing the above two questions will not be considered. No company-sponsored visa available for this position. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical & dental coverage, 401(k), 5 weeks PTO + 5 holidays, health and dependent care 125 plan, basic life ⁄ AD&D. Dynamic Graphics, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.