First HGS and EAGE Conference on Latin America
Please login to register for events. Go to the HGS home page and login with your user name and password and then return to this page in order to register as a member or guest of a member. For help registering contact the HGS office or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you!
WELCOME TO the First HGS/EAGE Conference on Latin America themed “South American Petroleum Plays for Future Decades of the Third Millennium”
We are pleased to welcome you to the 1st HGS/EAGE meeting on Latin America that will take place in Houston, USA from 19–20 November 2019. We are excited to offer you this interesting event in Houston. It will bring together the knowledge of two well-known societies, namely HGS and EAGE, the European Association of Geoscientists and Engineers. While the petroleum industry is still experiencing the biggest economic downturn seen for decades, our industry-based colleagues and academics continue to bring new tools, influence, and understanding to exploration and production activities. The world needs energy and therefore it needs you to participate in events like this. The downturn also offers opportunities especially in the field of new technologies and efficiency. We strongly believe that the joint HGS/EAGE 2019 event will bring together a strong, successful conference focused on Latin America and widely attended by academic and industry participants. We are preparing a program with broad appeal, scientific focus and networking opportunities. We are expecting 300 participants from the US, Europe and Latin America with oral and poster presentations. In addition, an exhibition is present to facilitate knowledge transfer and business among the Geoscience community. On behalf of the committee, we hope to see you in Houston!
Cheryl Desforges, Mariela Araujo Fresky, and Steven Getz
SESSIONS (AND SUB-SESSIONS)
Offshore/deepwater exploration in South America
• Central America & Northern South America (Guatemala to Panama, Northern Colombia, Venezuela, Trinidad)
• The depth horizons for exploration in the Atlantic Ocean and the Caribbean Sea
(present challenges in the area)
• Eastern South America (Guyana through Argentina and the Falklands)
• Western South America (Western Colombia through Chile)
Oil and gas exploration in South American foreland basins
• Conventional hydrocarbon plays
• Unconventional hydrocarbon plays (e.g., Neuque’n Basin of Argentina)
• Oil and gas exploration in South American Pre-Andean rift basins
• Geological and geophysical exploration in South American Pre-Andean rift basins
• The role of remote- sensing in the oil and Gas exploration in South America
Oil Systems of the region and the challenges in the production
• Techniques and methodologies applied in Latin America for the oil and gas production
• Carbon Capture and Storage (CCS) case in Brazil and Argentine
• Hydraulic Fracturing
• Geophysics applied in the oil and gas production
• EOR/ IOR
• Natural resource and technological contents of Latin American as an energy supplier
• Environmental sustainability
Check out our sponsorship opportunities!
Thank you, Sponsors!
816 Town & Country Blvd, Suite 210
Houston, TX 77024
|HGS/EAGE Member||$ 360.00|
|Student Members||$ 60.00|
Event Filter Informations