Important! Please do not create a duplicate login if you already have one. If you have forgotten your password click the "Request new password" tab above to reset your password.
Part Four of the Mini-series
Petroleum Reserves—Avoiding Write-downs:
An Overview of Recommended Petrophysical Practices
Large corporate reserve write-downs have increased attention of financial analysts, investors, rating agencies, banks, the U.S. SEC and corporate boards to the process of estimating and reporting reserves. Obtaining accurate net pay counts from correct petrophysical analysis is one of the basic ingredients of accurate reserve estimations.
• Understand the dangers of the digital world in which we live
• Discuss why the proper integration of data is still undervalued
• Learn the rules of wireline pressure interpretation and use of core data to validate reserves
• Learn the ten causes/sources of LRLC response and how to adjust your petrophysical evaluation to compensate.
• Learn a proven methodology to evaluate LRLC pays and when to apply it
• Real world examples will be presented
For a more detailed course description, see the "Petrophysics Course Outline."
7 Professional Development Hours (0.7 CEU) are earned by attending this course.
September 21st, 2005 7:30 AM